A twelve-day photography tour of the Japanese autumn as well as the cityscapes of Tokyo and Osaka
Join me in the autumn of 2024 for a photography tour of Japan with its beautiful autumn colours as well as its futuristic cityscapes.
During the autumn months in November, the vibrant colours start to come into full effect and this is especially so in places such as Kyoto. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is just one of the places which make the perfect backdrop for our photography tour.
But it’s not all masses of reds and oranges, the photography tour will be taking in the awesome Blade Runner-like cityscapes of Tokyo and Osaka. Tokyo is one of the World’s biggest cities and no photography tour to Japan would be complete without exploring some of its futuristic districts as well as some of its more traditional temples.
The photo tour is based in various locations. These are Tokyo/ Kyoto/ Osaka and one other destination so that we can maximize our photography time in these beautiful areas. That last destination will either be Miyajima or Nachi Falls.
We will spend seeking out both the traditional and newer side of Japan.
Photography techniques covered during the workshop
Out in the field
- Exposure and understanding of how to get the best out of the light
- Composition techniques to create balanced images
- Lens choice and focal length. Typically people head for the wide-angle in the cityscapes but a telephoto lens can also be useful.
- Panoramic photography. How to best compose the beautiful panoramas that we’ll see during the photography tour
- Using Adobe Lightroom or Camera Raw to process our images
- Using luminosity masks in Adobe Photoshop
- Colour correction
- Stitching panoramic images