A seven-day photography tour of the incredible landscape of the Dolomites.
Join me for a fabulous photography tour of the Dolomites in October 2024. The photography tour will be based in two separate areas so that we can maximize the photo locations of this beautiful area of northern Italy. The photo opportunities in the autumn months up in the Dolomites include images of high-jagged mountains, misty mornings, vineyards and forests full of colour.
During October, we start to see the first colours of autumn as well as those beautiful misty mornings. We will endeavour to make the very best of the morning and evening light during the photo tour of the Dolomites. You will be taken to some of the very best photo locations such as the Alpe di Siusi and Santa Maddelena but I’ll also lead you to explore lesser-known hidden gems, so you can photograph a wide array of classic landscape imagery, from breathtaking landscapes and vineyards to lifestyle and close-up photography.
There is the possibility that we will use one or two cable cars to get us up high to photograph some of the mountain vistas. These average around 20€ or 30€ for a return trip and are not included in the fee. However, I can assure you that the views are incredible and well worth the extra expense.
Our stay is based in three or four-star hotel accommodation. The hotels provide us with breakfast in the morning.
Photography techniques covered during the Dolomites workshop
Out in the field
- Exposure and understanding of how to get the best out of the light
- Composition techniques to create balanced images
- Lens choice and focal length. Typically people head for the wide-angle in a landscape but up in the mountains telephoto lenses are also heavily used.
- Panoramic photography. How to best compose the beautiful panoramas that we’ll see during the photography tour
- Using Adobe Lightroom or Camera Raw to process our images
- Using luminosity masks in Adobe Photoshop
- Colour correction
- Stitching panoramic images