A thirteen-day photography tour and workshop of the stunning beauty of Vietnam
Join me for an unforgettable photographic journey through the stunning country of Vietnam in February 2025 with my photography tour and workshop. The thirteen day/ twelve night adventure will start in Hanoi where you will be picked up and transported to our centrally located hotel. The photo tour will take in several iconic places such as Hanoi and Ha Long Bay as well as going further south to the Mekong Delta.
During February, the photo opportunities in Vietnam are bountiful. The weather is pleasant and will allow us to photograph places such as the Old Quarter in Hanoi; the incense village to the south of Hanoi; the stunning Ha Long Bay where we’ll take an overnight cruise and then down to the Mekong Delta.
The tour is designed for photographers who are looking to enhance their travel photography skills with inspiring images to be had each day. With our local guide and my extensive experience of travel photography, you will learn how to capture stunning images using different techniques such as long exposure, portrait photography and landscape composition.
We will endeavour to make the very best of the morning and evening light during the photography tour. You will be taken to some of the very best photo locations and also lead you to explore lesser-known spots, so you can photograph a wide array of classic landscape imagery, as well as street photography, lifestyle and close-up photography.
Our stay is based in a mixture of 4 star hotels as well as an overnight cruise in the world famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ha Long Bay. Double rooms are provided with breakfast. Dinner is provided on 3 nights of the tour (drinks excluded).
Photography techniques covered during the workshop
Out in the field
- Exposure and understanding of how to get the best out of the light
- Composition techniques to create balanced images
- Lens choice and focal length. Typically people head for the wide-angle in a landscape but up in the mountains telephoto lenses are also heavily used.
- Panoramic photography. How to best compose the beautiful panoramas that we’ll see during the photography tour
- Using Adobe Lightroom or Camera Raw to process our images
- Using luminosity masks in Adobe Photoshop
- Colour correction
- Stitching panoramic images